A Song for A Departed Best Friend

                                                 Bright and Shining

                                                  ABQ LS



It's your time, I have to let go.

You cross my mind, I hope you know. 

This crushing pain is fresh and yearning

dancing the Cha Cha in my heart.


You might be smiling from afar.

It just hasn't sunk in yet. 

Your memories are like lightning striking my brain. 

I'm drowning in disbelief...


Chorus:

cause you are my confidante,

you are my go-to pal

You are my ever-present 

true-blue friend.


Thank you for the brighter days.

For your light that shines in the darkness. 

For cracking me up while I was feeling cooped up.

For making me feel important and loved.


I will keep you in my heart.

I will remember you in my prayers every day. 

You are with me when I wear my lipstick

and will forever be sweeping with confidence, your legacy.










Comments