My Diary About English Language Learning

 April 7, 2022


Today, I learned that dispose is not like other transitive verbs that need a direct object right after it, especially when you want to say that you have to throw something away. I learned the phrasal verb dispose of something instead. I didn't know we have to use "of" after dispose. I thought we could say "dipose the garbage." It should be "dispose of the garbage."


I also learned the difference between damaged and broken and the exact meaning of troops or forces. 


 

April 8, 2022


Today, I learned that the word "slang" is uncountable. You can say slang terms, slang words, or slang expressions to make it plural.


April 9, 2022

Today, I learned that "amount" is countable as you can say "amounts of waste."


May 18, 2022

Today, I learned that the words "potential" and real estate" are uncountable. I also learned that "misunderstanding" is countable. I also came across a new word, which is gallivanting. Oh, and this reminds me of the expression "taken care of."  Many people say "taken cared of," which is wrong.

I also learned "Asian glow or Asian flush."


May 28, 2022

Today, I learned that the word seasoning has a plural form.



How about you? What are the things that you have learned, discovered, and realized? Feel free to share it with others here. 


July 04, 2022

Today I learned that the word"demand" when you talk about tickets or something that is sold is uncountable. I also learned that hay fever is uncountable.


November 29

I learned that when you refer to the turkey as a bird, it is countable. 


December 2

I learned the word "very well" means "likely." I also remember that "approval" is uncountable.


January 23, 2023

I learned the phrase: Have a great start to the week uses "to" and not "of."


March 17, 2023

I remember the pronunciation of comforting and warrior today. 

Comments