A Demonstrative Night for a Soul

ABQ
Exhaustion, that creeping pain in the back.
Hallucination, that stolen sleep from stress.
Abduction, that too much time at work.
Suffocation, that fresh air in restriction.
Weekend, that’s a day to look forward.
Sunrise, that’s what you miss at rest.
Noon, that’s when I awoke in crime.
The day, that’s what I forgot about.
My instinct, this luckily sent me home.
Mayonnaise, this reminds me of your days.
Reality, this brought me on my knees.
The date, this is what I remember too late.
Tonight, this is a feeling of guilt.
Teaching, this is a passion you made.
Umbrella, this is the hope you gave.
To help, this is what it should take.
More than a father, that’s what you are to me!
Grand, that’s where I hope you are!
Forgive me, that’s for my fault today.
An enthusiast, that’s for my gift tonight!
See you in time!
This is a poem I made for my grandfather. He passed away when I was 10 years old but I had vivid and wonderful memories of him. Have you ever made a poem for your loved ones?

Comments