A Couple’s Daily Stint

This is a poem about the role of husbands and wives. These days, they say couples have an egalitarian gender role.  However, since men and women are wired differently, there are still some aspects about work that each gender does best.
by ABQ
My eyes got bigger (uncontrollably)
when you gazed at your toys (intently).
The frenzied look in your eyes ceased (abruptly)
disrupted by the stomping broom and the dishwasher (laughing silently).
I said get your clothes clean (pleasantly).
Without  more ado, you surrendered (dearly).
But in three days, my mouth gaped (slightly).
It wasn’t done the way humans want it done (assiduously).
Came one fine rainy day (longly),
I was under the weather and confined to bed (downheartedly).
Your exhilarating look and ardor moved me (warmly).
It seemed the time was ripe for you to replace me (enjoyably).

Comments