Advocacy Anyone? Do You Have One? Have You Ever Thought of One?

What is advocacy?


We have heard of advocacy-driven individuals awarded for their good intentions, which range from educating street children, saving the lives of animals, protecting Mother Earth, saving the seas, etc. Who are these people? Are they only those who have wealth to share such as the ones who can afford everything they want? No, not really. Some of them are just ordinary people like us–no big houses and luxury cars. In fact, some are even on a tight budget. Surprisingly, even with this very ordinary life, they still choose and manage to share their blessings. For me, they are living heroes since they do not think only of themselves. Their #lifegoals are different because they are meaningful to others who think about what to feed their hungry stomachs and where to go in times of rain or drought.

My Colleagues During their Outreach Program ©Educate and Support Paluan Mangyans Facebook

Here is a great inspiration

Meet one of them, Ma’am Janette Villaralvo, my colleague. When I asked her how her charity outreach programs started, she said, “Wala lang, nakita ko lang sila sa daan, gutom, nagaagawan sa pagkain,” (I just saw them on the street, starving, fighting over a piece of food). Then, it all started there, she said.
Listening to Ma’am Janette’s story, I was able to relate to the unfortunate situation of the starving kids. I know how it feels to be hungry because there is nothing to eat. I myself experienced that in college when I had to budget my allowance, so I feel for them.



What does Ma’am Janette do?

She has a biannual (during the months of April and December) charity outreach program for the Mangyan people in Paluan, Occidental Mindoro (Philippines).
Learn what her charity does and be touched by her story on the website of my colleague Educate and Support Paluan Mangyans by i-millennial.

What is my advocacy?

Ma’am Janette influenced me to think about my own advocacy. Since I love writing, communication, and language, I am using the power of words as a tool to make this world a better place. I am in one with those advocacy-driven individuals. I want to mold young minds, hoping that they do the same thing. Have you thought of your own advocacy too? Whatever it is, I hope it is not for the sake of following a trend or being cool with friends. Whatever it is, I hope it is from the heart, with pure intention so as to glorify the Creator above anything else.

Where to contact Ma’am Janette?

If you are interested in helping Paluan Mangyans, you can send a message or call 639-153-937-944 (Teacher Janette Villaralvo) for more details. They also have a Facebook page, Educate and Support Paluan Mangyans. You can also send me an e-mail: admin@languagestratagem.com.

Share your advocacy with your friends and relatives around the globe to make this world a better place.

Comments